quinta-feira, 1 de abril de 2010

GSoC 2010: ZooKeeper Failure Detector Model

I was almost giving up on finding a GSoC project that really makes me say "Oh God, I really want to do that". However, a lab colleague told me ZooKeeper was looking for someone to abstract the failure detector model in their code and to implement a better-tuning failure detector.

After reading the issue in Apache issue tracker, I got conviced that it would be a very very interesting project to be done, since I have worked with similar things (also implemented in Java) in the OurGrid code.

This week I got in touch with Henry Robinson -- the possible mentor for this project -- and he pointed some classes to be given a first look in the ZooKeeper code.

Next step is to write the project proposal, I hope I get accepted =)

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário